As you read and comment on this site, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Abigail Garner is not a trained psychologist or lawyer, nor does she pretend to be. She’s an advocate, a listener, and a writer with lots of opinions.
- Neither Abigail Garner, nor Families Like Mine LLC nor any of its related affiliated websites is liable for any information shared on this website or for any actions taken by readers as a result of the posted information.
- If you have a highly serious concern that needs immediate attention, consult a LGBT-friendly professional.
- Some identifying factors may have been changed to ensure anonymity.
- All correspondence with this site, including, but not limited to the comments left via the comment form, is created voluntarily by users and is intended for publication on this publicly accessible site.
- Any published question or comment will remain on the site indefinitely.
- Submissions might be edited for length and/or clarity.
- Comments written by readers do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the site’s creator.
- Be warned: Not all comments on this site are “friendly.”